Salt Crusted Filet Mignon
by Maria Kramer
This looks like an interesting fire roasted steak recipe to try. I haven't done it myself yet so I can't fully vouch for it, might take some experimentation to avoid burning it too quickly. If anyone has success with this, let me know how it turned out!
1. Filet mignon (any size)
2. White Cotton Cloth
3. Sea Salt
1. Wet the cloth and wring out.
2. Add a layer of salt (Kosher or Sea Salt) to the wet cloth.
3. Place Filet Mignon in the middle of cloth.
4. Add a little Olive Oil.
5. Sprinkle with pepper.
6. Roll the cloth over the Filet Mignon making a
casing and tie with the twine.
7. Place on the fire from the Fireplace
The cloth will start to turn black but won't burn. Cook 6-7 Min on one side. Flip and do 5-6 Min on other side.
8. Pull from fire with tongs place on cutting board and crack open. All the juices and smoke taste are held in the egg shell membrane formed by the wet cloth and salt.
By the way the meat is not salty at all.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to What's Your Favorite Grilling Recipe?.