All About Buying and Cooking with an Indoor Grill or Sandwich Maker
Not all grills are for outdoor cooking!
An indoor grill can be an important addition to any budding grill gourmet’s cooking portfolio. While to some a stovetop grill and sandwich maker may seem like a second-class citizen compared to a real grill or fire pit, there are some advantages to grilling indoors. For one, who ever heard of making a sandwich on an outdoor grill?
There are several types of grills which can be used in the kitchen, from a simple stove top grill pan to a sandwich maker or panini press. And who can forget those fun indoor hibachi grills like the ones used in Benihana!
For ease of care and speed of cooking, grilling on a stovetop grill is superior in many respects. And if you’ve never had a panini pressed sandwich or Croque Monsieur, then you are in for a melty, toasty treat!Find out more about the Pros and Cons of grilling in your kitchen.
For the adventurous grill master, you can also cook in your fireplace
! Fireplace cooking
is fun and how impressed will your guests be when they walk in to see their dinner cooking right in front of them?
Explore the different forms of indoor grilling:
- Portable stove top grill pan – inexpensive and easy to use, you can grill right on your stove!
- Built-in stovetop kitchen grill – more expensive, but super convenient and ready to use any time you want to cook with fire.
- Panini press – The classic Italian sandwich is easy to make, but you’ll need one of these.
- Indoor Grill and Sandwich Maker – Makes delicious melty sandwiches and other grilled foods in a snap.
- George Foreman grill - You've all probably heard of them, but are they any good? These are basically like other indoor grill and sandwich maker countertop electric grills.
- Hibachi grill – pretend you are a Benihana chef and cook up a delicious stir-fried Asian meal.
- Electric rotisserie ovens – Succulent rotisserie cooked chicken is easy with these countertop rotisserie ovens such as the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie. Unless you’ve got an elaborate rotisserie oven or fire pit rotisserie, this is for you.
- Pan Seared Steak - If you can't get outside to grill or don't want the hassle but still love great steak, don't worry! Pan searing is an outstanding way to cook the perfect steak!
- Fireplace Cooking - You are a stud or studette if you pull off a whole meal in the fireplace! How fun is that? Impress your guests, impress your loved ones. This is a lost art but one that is very do-able if you know a few tricks. And talking about romance...sitting in front of the toasty fire with a glass or wine and cooking a gourmet meal...wow!
|Support this website by buying your fire pit or grill from one of our affiliates:|
One of the best places I know to buy supplies for cooking with fire is SpitJack.com. Besides being one of the best options for fireplace cooking supplies (fireplace grills, rotisseries, cranes, long-handled roasters, etc.), they have a uniquely chosen stock of other great accessories. Their own fire pit rotisseries for pig and lamb roasting are top notch and sturdy. They also have fire pits, firewood storage and splitting supplies and more! Check them out!
CLICK HERE for some great recipes you can use on your indoor grill.