Grilled Belgian Endive Recipe
This endive recipe is as simple as it gets!
Belgian endive (properly pronounced "On-Deeve") is a uniquely flavored leafy vegetable with a slightly bitter bite that goes well with the smokey grill flavors.
What you will need for this grilled endive recipe:
- Belgian endive - This is sometimes just called endive and sometimes called Belgian endive in markets, either is fine. Buy them only in the complete head of endive, not separated into individual leaves.
- Extra virgin olive oil - Always use extra virgin olive oil. The flavor is much richer and better than non-virgin olive oils and the flavors marry beautifully with grilled foods.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
To grill the endive:
- Get your grill or fire pit going nice and hot. Lightly brush the grill grate with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Cut the heads of endive lengthwise into two individual sides each.
- Drizzle the endive with extra virgin olive oil. A couple tablespoons should do.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Throw those beautiful halves of Belgian endive on the grill, cut side down. Grill until just starting to get a nice golden color and some grill marks. Flip them and do the same on the other side.
Thats all she wrote! Er...I mean HE wrote...I mean I wrote! You get the picture.
Your endive recipe is done! Simply serve alongside your other favorite grilled dishes and you've got a delicious side!
If you enjoyed this endive recipe, check out some other great grill and fire pit recipes.
Return to the Fire Pit and Grilling Guru home page.